Friday, January 29, 2010

Submitting Deals in Pieces

PIECES OF A PLANE WRECK
The factors which affect price are no secret to people in this industry, the farther you are going to ship, the more the shipping costs will be!

When a seller is looking at an order, there are many questions to ask:
The professional broker will collect all the answers and summarize them so a quick decision can be made.

The approach has vastly improved over the initial approach. It really has appeal now. You have apparently put more thought into your presentation. You are becoming more valuable, but not yet perfect.

I predict that you will run into problems when you make promises,
...I told him that our word is our bond and our proof is the ship docking at the port of destination in 2 weeks, and the guy agreed. How do we know how long it will take for a product to arrive at port? I'd say, we will try to have it to you in 14 days; Tara said it could be even less, but I'm thinking, What if it's 30 days? If you try, nobody can blame you. Tell them that proof will be there in 2 weeks and you're going to get into trouble.

Sandra asked me a lot of questions on each order;
All of the brokers were incomplete on their details;
The form that you and I designed, really is what we need to know;
Getting bits and pieces of that form is not very professional;
So, do a spread sheet; have a column for each question;
Make each broker find out what he has, before we involve Sandra.

We can't quote a price at all.
We can't even accept an offer, without knowing many details;
I just asked a broker about packaging and he had no clue;
Is it fair to ask about packaging? Ports? Product Specs?

Mr. Cheng is not a broker, he's a clown!
He tells me he wants 36 million mt of D2;
I look at his sheet and he has 6 different places that it's going;
He has 1 year deals for small amounts;
He has 3 year deals and 2 year deals;
He wants one price for all;
He is not fair or reasonable and you guys can have him;
He began the relationship, by accusing me of wasting time;
He then wasted my time with many emails and no commission checks.

Brokers bring in deals as if it's the wreckage of a plane crash;
I get a piece of the landing gear one day and part of the wing the next;
It's up to me to put the plane back together again;
I'm trying to figure out which pieces are missing.
Brokers are complaining about how long it takes;
Look at your own work in this email;
It's fairly typical of the work brokers do;
You have a fragment here and a fragment there;
You have your fee and all your associates have their fees and they are sky-high.

If I dare ask who is going to do all the work that's necessary to close the buyer, one of your clowns will say I'm full of hot air and I don't have my acts together.
So, you ask if I want to work with you and the others
Well, I'm thinking about it
I do not recall seeing any pledges on your part to manage your crew
I don't see any resolutions to do better in the future
What I do see is more of the same
You turn in a plane wreck of pieces and there is no organization to it
Should I go through each request and tell you what's missing?
Don't you have access to that request form?
Is it your job to review all deals to make sure they are ready for submission?
Who gets paid for leading the others?
Did you ever wonder why the commission on closed deals is so high?
It's because few deals close!

No comments:

Post a Comment